- Born in Brentwood, Tennessee
- Married with two children, one deceased
- Member, Schrader Lane Church of Christ
- B.S., Business Administration/Accounting, Tennessee State University
- Member, Nashville Symphony Board
- Member, Women in Government
- National HOOK-UP of Black Women, Inc.
- YWCA Advisory Committee, Links, Inc.
- Member,Nashville Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
- Third National Bank Economic Development Advisory Council
- Khabra Bryant
Service in Public Office
- Senate member of 96th through 108th General Assemblies
- Member, Senate Government Operations Committee
- Member, Senate Local Government Committee
- Member, Senate Transportation and Safety Committee
- Member, Joint Government Operations Education, Health and General Welfare Subcommittee
- Member, Joint Government Operations Commerce, Labor, Transportation and Agriculture Subcommittee
- Served eight years on Metropolitan Nashville/Davidson County council
- Delegate to Democratic National Convention, 1980, 1984, 1988 and 1992